Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Please Let Me Keep You"


Otherworlds & the Seattle Arts Coalition present:

"Please Let Me Keep You"
The Art of Alicia Hatfield
Woodblock prints & more!

Opening reception:
Thursday, 18 June from 5-8pm
Encore reception:
Thursday, 16 July from 5-8pm

Showing though 31 July 2015

For more info:
www.aliciahatfield.com

Every morning I’d wake up with a new heartbreak, as I emptied out the jar of dead fireflies.
But every night I was still so ecstatic capturing them,
and somehow just leaving them outside didn’t feel like an option.

They’ve always captivated me

Precious, Alien,
Short lived, numerous,
Powerful, vulnerable,
Passing, armored

Unlike your company,
I can keep them in a jar

But like your company,
They don’t last long.
Or at least as long as I’d like.

All the sticks and leaves and water-soaked cotton balls in the world
Won’t make either of you stay forever

But I can try to fake it

No comments:

Post a Comment