Thursday, July 2, 2015

"Synapse"


Trabant Coffee & the Seattle Arts Coalition present:

"Synapse" (White Charcoal + Paper)
by Grace Matsumoto of Tiny Fat Bird

syn·apse ˈsinˌaps/ noun: synapse; plural noun: synapses 1. a junction between two nerve cells, consisting of a minute gap across which impulses pass by diffusion of a neurotransmitter.

"In these pieces I am marking time, beats of my heart, moving my hand across a page. I am marking memories, moments & light, each dash one moment in time that was and is gone, and everything in me at that moment reaching out from a starting point into a pattern of growth, a period of time, made solid by marks on a page. This meditative & quiet process is something I hope to express in all my work, in metal or on paper." ~ Grace

Opening reception:
Thursday, 2 July from 6-9pm
Trabant Coffee, Pioneer Square

Encore reception:
Thursday, 6 August from 6-9pm
Trabant Coffee, Pioneer Square

Showing through 31 August 2015

More info:
http://www.tinyfatbird.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment